Saturday 1 November 2014

October Run Through



All quiet on the running front...

Saturday 4 October Mersea Island Hash House Harriers - Rover's Tye
Getting set for the Hash

One of the nice things about a hash is the stops so that
we all stay together as much as possible

Nothing, it seems, puts off the determined Hasher!

Ooo now that is a really cute look - might have to steal that
some time!



I was surprised at how much elevation there
was in this, new to me, area
Despite the extreme humidity no-one was tempted to jump
in this little pool





It wouldn't be a proper hash without some time for play

Down by the water David has time to contemplate

And there is always an opportunity to savour a sweetie


All too soon though we were heading for 'home' and another
enjoyable Saturday Hash was completed

Monday Night Social Runners and Walkers

My usual running routine was severely disrupted in October because I had a bad cold and then lots of non-running commitments got in the way.  

Becci recently set up a Monday night walking and running social group which I have really been enjoying. We finish the evening with a drink in a pub and it is a good way of getting to know everyone.

I had a brilliant run on Monday 6 October when we met at the Dog & Pheasant in Mile End, Colchester. It was the first dark and rainy evening this Autumn and I had to drag myself out of the warm and cozy house. I don't know what it was but I suddenly had a rush of energy and took full advantage to run at a much faster pace than I have been capable of lately.

Here is the new look Garmin page recording the route and pace. 

I think this layout is very clear and easy to access any
information you might need quickly

A Longer Training Run



The Mersea route

Becci and I wanted to put in a longer run in preparation for our Half Marathon at the beginning of November. We set off from East Mersea and worked our way to West where we had a circular route. Our plan was to stop for a coffee en route. It began to rain just when the stop was planned and we were a bit disappointed to find there were no seats left at the Art Cafe and we went to The MICA but they only have a coffee machine which we didn't fancy. We spent a short time chatting to the receptionist whilst we sheltered from the rain before setting off again. I was grateful for Becci keeping us on top of our training especially since I only ran once again in October.

LWFitness4All Hallowe'en Fun Run




Spooky antics at the War Memorial, Colchester Castle Park

It was yet another mild evening and running in costume must have been challenging. We had trick or treats all the way round which included wall squats and standing push ups (I ached the next two days). We had a great time and there was some delicious soup for us back at the gym afterwards. They are a very friendly group and I am enjoying running with them.


I ran about 40 miles this month before I came to an abrupt halt! I would have wanted to taper a bit before my Poppy Half Marathon in November so perhaps things work out for the best sometimes. Here is my Garmin monthly activities view.

The Garmin Monthly Calendar view which is a
great way of seeing if you are sticking to your exercise regime



No comments:

Post a Comment