Wednesday 7 January 2015

Fuelify

A little box of running goodies through the post

In December I decided to give Fuelify a try. They are a company which puts together a subscription box of exercise related food supplements, energy bars and gels.

I have to say, apparently, that I purchased these boxes and these are my own thoughts and opinions on what I have been sent. The subscription is £19.48 for two boxes a month which is what is suggested for people who regularly take cardio exercise as well as other types of exercise. Well I do fit this bill as I run three times a week, which is about ten to fifteen miles and I also take a spinning class and a supple strength class as well as lots of walking and the occasional cycle. The correct nutrition is vital for me so that I can maintain the energy and muscles needed for a fair amount of physical work.

Here is the first box which arrived:

Actually I am not sure if the teapigs teabag came in this box!

And a little over two weeks later (I am allowing for the Christmas holidays here) this one arrived:

Apparently you get between 6 - 8 products. First one had 8, the second
7 - mmm...hope that is not going to dwindle down to 6.

I've only been out twice so far this month so I need to get on top of organising myself to eat the appropriate product before or after my running. There is going to be quite a stockpile soon.

In no particular order these are the products I have. I will caption them where I have tried them so far (I will come back and edit each time I use some):


Yuk! Tasted like toilet cleaner - not sure what the purpose of flavouring
raisins is as they taste good just as they are. 







I don't ordinarily care for chamomile tea but I added a spoonful of
honey and this was quite pleasant







I did fuel up on this before my Monday night run as I don't
get to eat until a long time after. I found it very dry and crumbly to eat but
not too unpleasant and it did tide me over during and after my run.

Points in favour:

  • Very handy to try different makes of product
  • Gels will be good to try before longer races 
  • Having them delivered by post and available on website to purchase individually (although they come in quite large packs so you have a lot to fork out for in one go)
  • Good way of trying a product you haven't thought about using before
  • Most bars are small enough to take on a run with you

Points about things I am not so keen on:

  • A delivery twice a month means I am going to have a backlog of things to try
  • Feels slightly limited in range of makes so not sure how many repeats there will eventually be

Minor niggles about Fuelify

  • There is no leaflet giving you a list of the products supplied and a description so that you can keep a note of what was sent and how to use them without having to read each pack individually
  • Some form of feedback so the company can make use of information about anything with which you are happy or unhappy  
  • The blog is really out of date - not good for a professional business site 
So far I am at the beginning of my journey with Fuelify and so far the jury is out as to whether or not it will be something I will continue to use. I am happy with the service, the products and the packaging but not too happy about the lack of information on the products and advice in the form of a newsletter which most of the other subscription boxes (mostly beauty) to which I have subscribed.



No comments:

Post a Comment