Wednesday 22 April 2015

First Monday Night Hash of the 2015 SeasonII

Off to Inworth for a Monday Night Hash

What a popular hash this one turned out to be. It must have been the great weather and the fact that we had returned to Monday evenings.

Sadly, my camera was out of action but I did manage to get one shot in the car park waiting for the off.





I spent the whole time at the back of the pack keeping Sue company as we both felt in need of more work on our fitness before we unleash our energy on a hash!

It was also quite a shock to the system to run off-road over the fields which I have not done for some time. It made me very wary of injuring my knees and ankles.

Sue and I also managed to get lost just after we assured the Hare we would be fine and able to work out our way if we got separated! We did get to say hello to some lovely horses before we realised we had reached a dead end and could not hear or see the runners. They did eventually notice we were not with them but, unfortunately, not until they had climbed a hill and returned with a bit of a moan to coral us stray hashers.

There were some beautiful scenic views on this run and we covered a distance of some five miles. 

We were out of luck at the end as the 'pub' we met at was now a cafe and closed on a Monday but they were happy for us to use the car park. We all headed off for another nearby 'pub' but this had been converted into a restaurant and they were not going to serve us just drinks. So Becci and I reluctantly headed for home having enjoyed our first Monday Night Hash of the season.

The usual stats


Strange that my walking speed is actually faster than this - oh well,
it was a very gentle and enjoyable first Hash jog

Next time Becci and I are setting the hash and I hope to have some more photos for the blog. I must dash off to add sawdust to my shopping list!



No comments:

Post a Comment