Sunday 20 April 2014

Running with my Daughter




We Own The Night

A ladies only 10k 'blaze' round
Victoria Park in London

My daughter and I have entered the Nike 'We Own The Night' 10k evening run around Victoria Park in London. On Saturday 10 May Nike and ELLE will host a 10k run. On their blog they say: "The route will be packed with light, music and women from the worlds of sport, TV, music and fashion. Quite simply, it’s set to be the ultimate after-hours run."

Nike have devised training plans to help runners of all abilities get ready but Léonie and I are making our own plan. Léonie has not run very much at all and I am not expecting her to aim at a time but to enjoy the atmosphere and complete the course.

Nike have made the whole event look very attractive

On Saturday we went up to the Nike store on Oxford Street to visit the Boutique on the third floor to collect our race packs and to get a preview of the Alex Munro necklace that is being given to all finishers.

The Alex Monroe finishers necklace in it's
 Lora Liberty print box

The necklace is a gorgeous alternative to a medal and I am looking forward to, hopefully, having one of my own. 

Such a lovely idea for commemorating a run

We picked up our race pack which was presented to us in a Holly Fulton race tote. The tee shirt is very pretty and colourful as are the tags for starting placing and guests.


Race tote and tee shirt designed by Holly Fulton

We had a great day out in Oxford Street. We enjoyed a lovely do-it-yourself lunch in Selfridges with a salt beef sandwich complete with pickled gherkin and a glass of Prosecco followed by a visit to Lola's Cupcakes for delicious mini cupcakes (I had oreo and peanut butter). Yum.

Lola's Easter Cupcakes


While I was there I bought two Elephant tins of Williams Tea in Duchess and Earl Grey flavour to decorate my Easter coffee bar in my kitchen.

All set for Easter Teatime

We also visited Jo Malone in Brook Street to choose a 'race perfume'. 
Jo Malone stores are such a treat to visit


Proving we are Mother and Daughter we were looking in different areas of the shop but managed to choose the same fragrance. 


Peony and Blush Suede cologne


Peony and Blush Suede fragrance is described on their website as: 

The essence of charm.  Peonies in voluptuous bloom, exquisitely fragile.  Flirtatious with the juicy bite of red apple and the opulence of jasmine, rose and gillyflower.  Mingling with the sensuality of soft, blush suede.  Luxurious and seductive. 

Perfect for our running evening I think.

I hope you all have an Easter as delicious as this Lola's Bunny Tea Party.





No comments:

Post a Comment