Thursday 20 March 2014

Active Recovery Plan Scuppered!

Instead I become a Royal Ballet Principal Dancer

Well in my dreams at least!




Last night I went to our local cinema where they were live streaming The Royal Opera House performance of The Sleeping Beauty danced by members of The Royal Ballet. It was Laura McCulloch's dancing that stole my heart but I have to say the standard of the whole company was breathtaking. This beautiful photograph was taken of Laura as the Lilac fairy and John Ross who took it has very generously and kindly given me permission to use it. You can see more of John's superb work here:www.johnrossballetgallery.co.uk. 

Please do not use this photo without John's permission, thank you.


As a physical discipline ballet must be one of the most gruelling that the human body undertakes. The extended lines, delicacy and fluidness of each movement must be achieved without any evidence of effort. I adore watching any form of ballet and if I had been gifted with a dancers physique then I would have chosen to dance without hesitation. Not surprising that one of my sporting passions as an adult was dressage which is in itself a form of ballet but the horse takes centre stage.

The dancing last night was incredible and it has inspired me to search out some of my exercise dvds to use once I am over the chesty cough and cold that has scuppered my active running recovery plan. I have The New York Ballet workout and, my all time dancing idol, Darcy Bussell's pilates dvd.

They are very good for building core strength as well as balance both good things for runners






For the moment though it is just more rest for me until I can shake off this pesky cold as well as more planning and a read of this beautiful little children's book that came, in timely fashion, in the post this morning!




No comments:

Post a Comment