Monday 24 March 2014

Still sick and the devil makes work for idle hands



Too much time to sit and shop



Well I only intended to get myself a pair of trail shoes to save destroying my road running trainers and it turned into an update of my running clothes wardrobe. So maybe the NO SPEND APRIL I'd intended has sent me rushing to hit the credit card before the month arrives - I don't think that is the idea somehow.

Wiggle take the money and I open the box


  • Saucony Women's Xodus 4.0 GT trail shoes
  • Ronhill Women's Aspiration over skirt
  • Ronhill Women's Trail Cargo top
  • Ronhill Women's Aspiration Capri pants
  • Compressport Trail Pro Racing Soc
  • Mizuno DryLite Race Mid Soc

Saucony Women's Xodus 4.0 GT trail shoes






My last pair of 'trail' shoes were Nike from Freeport Outlet Shopping, Braintree many years ago, being an uncollected pair of Nike ID, which someone had designed for themselves. They have given me good service in the gym, on the road and track but the V at the back of the heels had started to rub last winter. They had to go. I read lots of good reviews of these Saucony shoes and am happy to say they fit beautifully. Some people said they were a bit wide but I have fairly narrow feet and they seem fine. The real test will be their first outing.

Ronhill Women's Aspiration Over Skirt


As a woman of a certain age I like the idea of combining shorter summer capri's with a skirt and Ronhill offer a separate skirt and capri combination rather than built in leggings. I think it looks good and I went up a size for the skirt so that the waistband would not restrict me and the capri has minimal waist band details which helps.

Ronhill Women's Trail Cargo top


I love the colour combination but what they fail to mention is that there is an integral 'bra' and this definitely does not work for me as I have to wear a more supportive sports bra and then combine that with heart rate monitor and that is a lot of restriction to the chest area and lungs in particular. Mmm...also why so long, ridiculously long. I am 5feet 4inches nowadays (I swear I was taller when I was younger!). Probably average height for a woman and this thing is made for someone at least 6 feet tall. It has a hidden slide in pocket on the shoulder front and two slide in pockets over each hip and very weird elasticated bands on the back for sports gels - that definitely won't work. Jury is out - looks ok bunched up over skirt but would probably cut off sports gel bands. This one might have to go back.

Ronhill Women's Aspiration Capri leggings


I just love these and they have minimal waist area and look so jazzy but sadly a bit too busy with the skirt and top for me. I think they will be great in plain black. They have to go back.



Compression TRAIL Pro Racing Soc


These have to go back they felt too cardboard-like and were far too big.

Mizuno Dry Lite Race Mid Soc




Perfect! Always have black socks for trail running because anything else will always look awful even when all the mud is washed out.



So a partly successful purchase from Wiggle which is a lovely company and has a good website.

However, I could not find black Ronhill Aspiration Capri's on their site and popped over to Amazon where, well it was bound to happen, several other things jumped into my cart before I knew it. Still, I will hopefully have some new running gear which nearly matches and hopefully fits.



No comments:

Post a Comment